Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Oh Holy Spirit descend upon me today as you did on the day of my baptism and renew in my soul the image of Jesus Christ our Lord. May I be Christ-like in my way of thinking, Christ-like in my way of speaking, Christ-like in my way of living; may I be like Christ in all things here in this life, so as to share in his likeness eternally in heaven. Help me to remove anything which is an obstacle to the full glory of Christ in my soul, anything which is unworthy of my baptismal dignity, sin which enslaves me, anything which drives me away from my destiny as an adopted son of God. Holy Spirit, all things are possible to you. Come and renew the face of the earth, come and renew the likeness to Christ in me – so that I can be all that the Father created me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment